Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros finally closed a deal with Toho to do another Godzilla. This has been going on for a year or so. Surely there will be 3D like in the Legendary/Warners Clash of the Titans. But can they breathe fire into an over-sized lizard that seemed out of gas in a 1998 Roland Emmerich-directed TriStar version considered a pricey disappointment? Anybody got ideas on how to make this reptile relevant?
Do We Really Need Another Godzilla Movie?
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production On Joe Paterno Movie With Brian De Palma & Al Pacino
- Shark Spec Script 'In The Deep' Won By Sony
- 'Godzilla' Sequel To Be Scripted By Max Borenstein
- Jada Pinkett Smith Circling 'Magic Mike' Sequel
- 'Fargo's Noah Hawley To Adapt His Novel 'Before The Fall' In Sony Pic Deal
- Ang Lee Next Directing 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' At TriStar