EXCLUSIVE: I’ve just learned Woody Allen has set Marion Colillard to play the “Muse” and star opposite Owen Wilson in that untitled film he’s shooting this summer in Paris. France’s First Lady, Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, also has been mentioned as a possible participant, but nothing’s set as of yet. Allen’s pic is being financed under his 3-picture deal with Spain’s Mediapro. It still seems odd watching the quintessential New York director shoot in Paris, London, or Barcelona. (Though he returned for Whatever Works.) Allen long enjoyed a relationship with studios that few directors could match, where they financed his films without even reading the script. Those days are long gone — except overseas. Woody recently wrapped You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger in London and scheduled for release in September. Cotillard most recently starred in Nine.
Woody Allen Hires Cotillard For Lead Role
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Channing Tatum's 'X-Men' Character 'Gambit' Spinoff Moving Forward
- Oh, Henry! Disney Chasing Hearththrobs For Next 'Pirates Of The Caribbean'
- Feature-Hungry Netflix Courts Weinstein Marketing Head Stephen Bruno
- 'Magic City' Becomes Feature; Bruce Willis & Bill Murray Join Original Starz Cast
- Will Rowbotham Joins 3 Arts As Manager
- Ricky Gervais, Eric Bana: 'Special Correspondents'