Documentary filmmaker RJ Cutler, who directed the Anna Wintour/Vogue profile The September Issue, is heading from high fashion to the Hamptons social swirl. Cutler successfully pitched Warner Bros on the feature film Au Pairs, an adaptation of the Melissa de la Cruz novel about three teenage girls from different socioeconomic backgrounds who work as nannies for a wealthy family in the Hamptons one summer. The girls balance their domestic duties with their suddenly interesting social lives. The pic is being produced by Drew Barrymore and Nancy Juvonen of Flower Films and Les Morgenstein and Bob Levy of Alloy. Liz Garcia wrote the first draft and another writer will be brought in to execute Cutler’s vision for the film. The intention is to shoot this summer in East Hampton where I’m sure residents will be thrilled. This sounds like The Nanny Diaries but with 3 strong roles for teenage actresses. Cutler also produced such documentaries as The War Room. He’s repped by WME.
From Anna Wintour To Hamptons Swells
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
'Battle Creek' Review: Vince Gilligan's Old Script Witty Addition To CBS' Sunday, Says Dominic Patten
More From Fleming Jr
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’