In just 47 days of release, 20th Century Fox’s Avatar beat Titanic’s 12-year record with a total domestic take of $601,141,551, according to Hollywood.com. It achieved it on Oscar nominations day, February 2nd. This beats the $600,788,188 held by Titanic (though not adjusted for inflation or higher 3D ticket prices). Last week, Avatar crossed the $2 billion milestone in worldwide box office.
'Avatar' Beats 'Titanic' Domestic Record
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
TV Upfronts 2017 Schedule: Fewer Agency Parties Amid WGA Strike Fears; CBS Tackles Unexpected Vacancy
Latest Box Office News
- Broadway Review: Allison Janney, Corey Hawkins Lead ‘Six Degrees Of Separation’
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’: $100M Offshore Bow In The Mix? – International Box Office Preview
- ‘A Chorus Line’ Original Baayork Lee Will Receive Special Tony Award
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International…
- Broadway Review: ‘Anastasia’ Brings An Animated Russian Heroine To Stage Life
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Over Five Newcomers With $38.4M; Second Frame Down 61% – Final B.O.