After the recent breakout successes of faith-based films like Fireproof and Facing The Giants, this past weekend’s debut of To Save A Life is the latest. Released by IDP/Samuel Goldwyn Films and Outreach Films, it opened on just 441 screens. But the pic is projected to gross $1,499,400. How? Through extensive grassroots outreach — which is marketing-speak for their advance and group sales effort among church groups and especially Christian teens, highlighted by success in markets like Burelson TX, Oceanside CA, Ft Lauderdale FL, and Evans GA, which make up the top grossers for To Save A Life, Goldwyn said. Funny enough, the pic did amazing matinee grosses on Friday and landed in the #2 spot to Hollywood’s amazement. “For the life of me, this one slipped between the cracks!” one top distribution exec emailed me because of it. Yet, on Fandango, To Save A Life was #3 in most requested tickets behind Avatar in IMAX and Digital 3D going into this weekend. But it finished Sunday not in the Top 10.
'To Save A Life' Slipped Through Cracks
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Black Panther’ Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; ‘Operation Red Sea’ Rises In China – International…
- 'Operation Red Sea' Tops Newcomers; 'The Shape of Water' Crosses $55M – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Black Panther’ Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
- ‘Fifty Shades Freed’ Cuffs $300M+ At WW Box Office; Franchise Tops $1.25B
- MoviePass Sues Sinemia For Patent Infringement Over “Remarkably Similar” Service
- ‘Black Panther’ Dashes Past $520M Worldwide, Eyes $170M+ In Second Global Weekend