After the recent breakout successes of faith-based films like Fireproof and Facing The Giants, this past weekend’s debut of To Save A Life is the latest. Released by IDP/Samuel Goldwyn Films and Outreach Films, it opened on just 441 screens. But the pic is projected to gross $1,499,400. How? Through extensive grassroots outreach — which is marketing-speak for their advance and group sales effort among church groups and especially Christian teens, highlighted by success in markets like Burelson TX, Oceanside CA, Ft Lauderdale FL, and Evans GA, which make up the top grossers for To Save A Life, Goldwyn said. Funny enough, the pic did amazing matinee grosses on Friday and landed in the #2 spot to Hollywood’s amazement. “For the life of me, this one slipped between the cracks!” one top distribution exec emailed me because of it. Yet, on Fandango, To Save A Life was #3 in most requested tickets behind Avatar in IMAX and Digital 3D going into this weekend. But it finished Sunday not in the Top 10.
'To Save A Life' Slipped Through Cracks
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- ‘Justice League’ Rises To $70.7M Through Friday At International Box Office
- Review: Lerner & Loewe’s Golden ‘Brigadoon’ With Kelli O’Hara and Aasif Mandvi
- How MoviePass Is Girding For The Massive ‘Last Jedi’ Holiday B.O. Season: CEO Says “Exhibitors Should Be Thrilled”…
- Fandango Reports Sensational Advance Group Ticket Sales For ‘Wonder’
- ‘Justice League’ Powers To $13M Thursday Night; Beats ‘Wonder Woman’ – Friday AM Update