After the recent breakout successes of faith-based films like Fireproof and Facing The Giants, this past weekend’s debut of To Save A Life is the latest. Released by IDP/Samuel Goldwyn Films and Outreach Films, it opened on just 441 screens. But the pic is projected to gross $1,499,400. How? Through extensive grassroots outreach — which is marketing-speak for their advance and group sales effort among church groups and especially Christian teens, highlighted by success in markets like Burelson TX, Oceanside CA, Ft Lauderdale FL, and Evans GA, which make up the top grossers for To Save A Life, Goldwyn said. Funny enough, the pic did amazing matinee grosses on Friday and landed in the #2 spot to Hollywood’s amazement. “For the life of me, this one slipped between the cracks!” one top distribution exec emailed me because of it. Yet, on Fandango, To Save A Life was #3 in most requested tickets behind Avatar in IMAX and Digital 3D going into this weekend. But it finished Sunday not in the Top 10.
'To Save A Life' Slipped Through Cracks
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Valerian’ And The City Of A Thousand Misconceptions: Who’s On The Hook?
- Blair Brown Joins Beau Willimon’s ‘Parisian Woman’ On Broadway; Bedlam Revives ‘Peter Pan’
- Broadway Box Office: Brendon Urie Kicks ‘Kinky Boots’ To $1.4M; Disney’s ‘Aladdin’ Up $207K
- Universal Hits $4B In Global Box Office For Second Time In Its History
- How Warner Bros Beat The Period-Film Curse At The B.O. & Positioned ‘Dunkirk’ As A Summer Tentpole
- 'Landline' Dials In With Top Number; 'The Beguiled' Crosses $10M – Specialty Box Office