After the recent breakout successes of faith-based films like Fireproof and Facing The Giants, this past weekend’s debut of To Save A Life is the latest. Released by IDP/Samuel Goldwyn Films and Outreach Films, it opened on just 441 screens. But the pic is projected to gross $1,499,400. How? Through extensive grassroots outreach — which is marketing-speak for their advance and group sales effort among church groups and especially Christian teens, highlighted by success in markets like Burelson TX, Oceanside CA, Ft Lauderdale FL, and Evans GA, which make up the top grossers for To Save A Life, Goldwyn said. Funny enough, the pic did amazing matinee grosses on Friday and landed in the #2 spot to Hollywood’s amazement. “For the life of me, this one slipped between the cracks!” one top distribution exec emailed me because of it. Yet, on Fandango, To Save A Life was #3 in most requested tickets behind Avatar in IMAX and Digital 3D going into this weekend. But it finished Sunday not in the Top 10.
'To Save A Life' Slipped Through Cracks
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Jitney’, ‘Under The Radar’ Reviews: August Wilson’s Genius Shone Through From The Start
- How Did Those 2016 Sundance Sales Work Out?
- Bye Bye, So Long Farewell – Lively Broadway B.O. Bids Godspeed To ‘Jersey Boys’
- ‘Rogue One’ Rises To $980M+ Global; ‘Passengers’ Books Overseas No. 1 – International…
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $27.5M Weekend, ‘Rogue’ Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK – Box…
- ‘Wish Upon’, Broad Green’s Horror Film, Gets Summer 2017 Release Date