Since he dropped out of Harvey, Steven Spielberg’s first project under the reconstituted DreamWorks has been a subject of much speculation. Now I hear who’s at the center of the director’s biopic of George Gershwin, which DreamWorks acquired last fall. It’s Zachary Quinto — Sylar in the NBC drama-fantasy Heroes, and Spock in the JJ Abrams-directed megapic Star Trek. Quinto will play the famed composer and pianist, who with brother Ira was responsible for more than a dozen Broadway shows before dying at 38. DreamWorks is even supplying accent and dialogue coaches for Quinto, and shooting could begin as soon as April. Doug Wright wrote the script, and Marc Platt and singer/pianist Michael Feinstein are producing. A DreamWorks insider says this is one of 3 projects Spielberg is looking at for his next piccause he’s anxious to get back to work. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s an announcement later this week.
EXCLUSIVE: Zachary Quinto (aka Spock & Sylar) Tunes Up For Spielberg's Gershwin
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Pontius Pilate' — Sans Brad Pitt — Headed For Jeff Robinov's Studio 8?
- 'The Interview' Press Tour Canceled This Week For Seth Rogen & James Franco
- CAA Mints Four New Agents
- Cyber-Terrorists Threaten Theatergoers On 'The Interview' – Update
- Tom Hanks Eyes David Eggers' Novel 'The Circle' With James Ponsoldt: Hot Package
- 'Whiplash's J.K. Simmons To Star In 'Kong: Skull Island'