Daniel Craig has closed his deal to star in Cowboys and Aliens for DreamWorks and Universal, as I predicted. Craig will star in an adaptation of Fred Van Lente’s graphic novel that was published by Platinum Studios and revolves around cowboys and Native Americans who put aside their Old West differences to battle invading aliens. Craig will play the lead cowboy Zeke Jackson, replacing Robert Downey Jr who exited to jump right back to the Sherlock Holmes sequel. While he likely won’t identify himself as “Jackson, Zeke Jackson,” Craig has put himself in an enviable position: Cowboys and Aliens has franchise potential. And it will keep him busy while the James Bond/MGM situation plays out. (EXCLUSIVE: Sam Mendes About To Be Hired As “Consultant” On Bond #23) Brian Grazer is producing with Ron Howard, Steven Spielberg, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, and Platinum Studios’ Scott Mitchell Rosenberg.
TOLDJA! Daniel Craig Bonds To Alien West
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount