Sources are telling me that Bob Berney’s Apparition will team with the Sony Worldwide Acquisitions Group to acquire screen rights and DVD to Splice, the thriller that made its Sundance debut several days ago in a midnight screening. That is, unless Newmarket steps up big at the 11th hour. I don’t have official confirmation yet. But my sources say Apparition will post a minimum guarantee around $2.5 million while an independent source supply a $20 million P&A fund in a deal being wrapped up by CAA by tomorrow, hopefully. (Yes, Apparition does have that DVD output deal with Sony Worldwide Acquisitions Group. But I was told by the reps that Sony is the mover in this deal.) The pic, directed by Vincenzo Natali (Cube), is a modern day Frankenstein story, with Sarah Polley and Adrien Brody playing genetic scientists who create humanoid life with nightmarish consequences.
Apparition And Sony About To Buy 'Splice'? (But Newmarket Is Still In It)
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'