According to BoxOffice.com, 2009’s domestic cume has already topped 2008’s record haul of $9.626 billion from January 1 to December 31, 2008. More on Monday when actuals come in.
So Why Is Most Of Hollywood Out Of Work?
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Imagine Dragons Frontman Dan Reynolds Takes On Mormon Church Policy With HBO Doc 'Believer' — Sundance Studio
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Latest Box Office News
- Amy Sherman-Palladino Tells Women Stage Directors ‘Broadway Is Heaven’ – But Some Demur
- Can MoviePass Impact The Indie Film Biz & Survive In The Long Run? CEO Mitch Lowe Explains – Sundance
- Broadway B.O.: Sara Bareilles & Jason Mraz Serve Sky High Pie With ‘Waitress’
- ‘Jumanji’ At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; ‘Maze Runner: Death Cure’ Debuts – International…
- 'Darkest Hour' Tops $41M, 'The Shape of Water' Crosses $30M, 'Call Me By Your Name' Expands – Specialty Box Office
- January Slows As ‘Jumanji’ Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M To $20M; Older Guy Pics ’12 Strong’ & ‘Den Of Thieves…