Sony just announced that Michael Jackson’s THIS IS IT has reached a box office gross of $200 million worldwide. The film has taken in $61 million domestically and more than $140 million internationally. So maybe AEG’s prediction setting up all those unrealistic expectations that the pic would make “$250M in its first 5 days” should really have been “$250M in its first several weeks”.
Jacko's 'This Is It' Hits $200M Globally
What's Hot on Deadline
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
Latest Box Office News
- Broadway B.O. Leaps Even As ‘Lion King’ & ‘Wicked’ Feel Winter Chill
- Saudi Arabia: ‘The Emoji Movie’ & ‘Captain Underpants’ Are First Films To Screen
- ‘Three Seconds’: Olympic Basketball Drama Is Russia’s Highest-Grossing Movie Ever
- ‘Aladdin’ Review: Stage Adaptation Of Disney Classic Dazzles L.A. With A Familiar Magic Carpet Ride
- ‘Jumanji’ Keeps Offshore Crown, Nears $400M; ‘Last Jedi’ Waltzes Past ‘Beauty’ Worldwide – International…
- Golden Globes Winners 'Three Billboards' & 'Lady Bird' Cash In; 'Phantom Thread' Expands Solid – Specialty…