News Corp’s UK newspaper The Sun claimed it had the Avatar trailer numero uno. Then again, Apple/iTunes actually had first dibs for a 24-hour window. Now Fox is sending “take down” notices to everybody else. What a cock-up. I’m so sick of all the hype and secrecy. But now we can presume to know why Twentieth Century Fox and Jim Cameron were keeping it under wraps for so long. The Avatar trailer makes it look, um, er, like a Disney movie. I swear Twink was in there. Maybe a Pixar character or two. A lot of you think Cameron caught Lucas flu and express surprise Jar Jar Binks got his own movie. Others fear this is Dances With Wolves set in space. Please, Jim, guarantee us this is not another The Abyss. Or worse.
FIRST LOOK AT 'AVATAR' TRAILER ONLINE
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Video News
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Review: Gotta Watch Spike Lee’s TV Version Of 1986 Movie
- ‘All The Money In The World’ Posters: Severed Ear, No Spacey
- Andy Serkis On Directing ‘Breathe’ And A New ‘Jungle Book’, His Tips From Peter Jackson & More – Behind…
- Al Franken Accuser Reads Letter Of Apology She Received, On ‘The View’
- Seth Meyers Tackles Al Franken, Updates Roy Moore Sex Misconduct Claims
- Stephen Colbert Addresses Harassment Allegation Against Al Franken