Universal says the final number is $1.6M, making Sacha Baron Cohen’s Brüno the 2nd biggest opening day of the year, behind only Transformers 2. It’s now the 3rd best comedy opening in Australia ever, trailing the 2004 Boxing Day opening of Meet the Fockers and last year’s Sex And The City. I’ll have full analysis later today.
Hard-R 'Brüno' Opens Huge In Australia
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest Box Office News
- Broadway Review: Hello, Doll! – ‘A Doll’s House, Part 2’ Shuts The Door On 2016-2017 Season
- James Earl Jones Will Be Honored With Lifetime Achievement Tony Award
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ And ‘The Hairy Ape’ Lead Drama Desk Musical, Drama Nominations
- Broadway Review: 1940s-Style ‘Bandstand’ Has A Blindspot
- Kevin Spacey Will Appear In (Tennis) Court As Clarence Darrow
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Toward $1B Global As Rest Of Stateside Biz Idles Ahead Of ‘Guardians 2’ – Box Office…