Universal says the final number is $1.6M, making Sacha Baron Cohen’s Brüno the 2nd biggest opening day of the year, behind only Transformers 2. It’s now the 3rd best comedy opening in Australia ever, trailing the 2004 Boxing Day opening of Meet the Fockers and last year’s Sex And The City. I’ll have full analysis later today.
Hard-R 'Brüno' Opens Huge In Australia
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
'Baby Driver' Starts Its Engine Tuesday Night; 'Wonder Woman' Beating 'Suicide Squad' With $325M+ Running Cume
Latest Box Office News
- Elvis Presley Prequel ‘Heartbreak Hotel’ Is Broadway Bound. Or Not.
- Mercedes Ruehl Joins Harvey Fierstein’s ‘Torch Song’ Revival
- ‘Baby Driver’ Starts Its Engine Tuesday Night; ‘Wonder Woman’ Beating ‘Suicide Squad’ With $325M+…
- Luc Besson’s EuropaCorp Reports $136M Loss; Will Re-Focus On Action, Sci-Fi
- ‘Despicable Me 3’ To Own Crowded Independence Day Weekend – Box Office Preview
- Hollywood Auditing China Box Office In First Look At Middle Kingdom Books