That the latest from big online ticket seller Fandango which also reports that Star Trek has sold out hundreds of opening weekend showtimes across the country, including showtimes in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Charlotte, San Francisco, San Jose, San Diego, Fresno, Seattle, Denver, Dallas, Houston, Colorado Springs, Indianapolis, Nashville, and Portland, Oregon. Fandango says its Star Trek ticket sales are far outpacing the site’s sales for X-Men Origins: Wolverine at the same point in that film’s sales cycle. Theater managers are adding multiple Thursday night showtimes to meet the fan demand. Also, according to a Fandango survey of more than 4,000 moviegoers planning to see Star Trek, 64% say they are not upset that William Shatner isn’t in the movie.
91% Of Online Ticket Sales For 'Star Trek'
What's Hot on Deadline
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Latest Box Office News
- Jason Alexander Will Take Over When Larry David Leaves His ‘Fish In The Dark’
- Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart Take On Alien Toon At The Box Office: It’s Gonna Be Close
- Elaine Stritch Bio Sells At Auction To Farrar, Straus & Giroux: Media
- Sundance Award Winner ‘Meru’ Snapped Up By Music Box
- ‘It Follows’ To Scare Up Business In 1,200 Theaters On Friday
- Brian Stokes Mitchell Laureled By New Dramatists