The largest U.S. theater chain, Regal Entertainment, said today it’s having a very good 4th quarter this year compared to last year as an industry, seeing double-digit growth in box office revenue and high single-digit growth in attendance so far this quarter. Then again, Regal’s CEO Mike Campbell noted on business wires that the movie industry has done well during all the recessions in the past 50 years.
Regal Theater Chain Reports Double-Digit Growth In Box Office Despite Recession
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest Box Office News
- Broadway Review: Hello, Doll! – ‘A Doll’s House, Part 2’ Shuts The Door On 2016-2017 Season
- James Earl Jones Will Be Honored With Lifetime Achievement Tony Award
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ And ‘The Hairy Ape’ Lead Drama Desk Musical, Drama Nominations
- Broadway Review: 1940s-Style ‘Bandstand’ Has A Blindspot
- Kevin Spacey Will Appear In (Tennis) Court As Clarence Darrow
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Toward $1B Global As Rest Of Stateside Biz Idles Ahead Of ‘Guardians 2’ – Box…