The largest U.S. theater chain, Regal Entertainment, said today it’s having a very good 4th quarter this year compared to last year as an industry, seeing double-digit growth in box office revenue and high single-digit growth in attendance so far this quarter. Then again, Regal’s CEO Mike Campbell noted on business wires that the movie industry has done well during all the recessions in the past 50 years.
Regal Theater Chain Reports Double-Digit Growth In Box Office Despite Recession
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Box Office News
- Elvis Presley Prequel ‘Heartbreak Hotel’ Is Broadway Bound. Or Not.
- Mercedes Ruehl Joins Harvey Fierstein’s ‘Torch Song’ Revival
- ‘Baby Driver’ Starts Its Engine Tuesday Night; ‘Wonder Woman’ Beating ‘Suicide Squad’ With $325M+…
- Luc Besson’s EuropaCorp Reports $136M Loss; Will Re-Focus On Action, Sci-Fi
- ‘Despicable Me 3’ To Own Crowded Independence Day Weekend – Box Office Preview
- Hollywood Auditing China Box Office In First Look At Middle Kingdom Books