The largest U.S. theater chain, Regal Entertainment, said today it’s having a very good 4th quarter this year compared to last year as an industry, seeing double-digit growth in box office revenue and high single-digit growth in attendance so far this quarter. Then again, Regal’s CEO Mike Campbell noted on business wires that the movie industry has done well during all the recessions in the past 50 years.
Regal Theater Chain Reports Double-Digit Growth In Box Office Despite Recession
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Bests $600M WW; ‘Moana’ Mints $177M; ‘Doctor Strange’ Ices ‘Deadpool’, ‘Iron Man 2’ – Intl…
- Ben Platt Leads Powerful ‘Dear Evan Hansen’ To Broadway – Review
- Disney Sets Industry Record At Domestic Box Office; Crosses $4B Intl For First Time
- ‘Jackie' Bows With Year's 5th Best PTA – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Moana’ Keeps Fire Going In Chilly December Weekend; ‘Manchester’ & ‘Jackie’ Bask In Awards…
- What’s At Stake In Warner Bros & Universal’s Premium VOD Talks