FRIDAY AM UPDATE: Summit Entertainment tells me Twilight midnight shows made “north of $7 million” Thursday. That’s a big number. Here are some other updates on the Twilight zone phenomenon: major online ticket-seller Fandango has been selling 5 Twilight tickets per second as of early this morning. According to an online poll, 34% of moviegoers said they will take off a few hours from school or the office today to see the pic. It’s Fandango’s fastest-selling film since The Dark Knight in July of this year. It now occupies the #3 spot on Fandango’s list of Top Advance Ticket-Sellers, surpassing the Harry Potter, Pirates Of The Caribbean, and Lord of the Rings movies. (Only Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and The Dark Knight remain in the #1 and #2 spots, respectively.) Twilight also finished in the No. 5 slot on MovieTickets.com’s Top-5 Presellers of All-Time, one spot ahead of Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert and one behind Dark Knight.
Latest News On 'Twilight' Zone Phenom
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Coco’ Earns A+ CinemaScore & Dances To $70M+; ‘Justice League’ Solid With $63M+…
- 'Darkest Hour', 'Call Me By Your Name', ‘Man Who Invented Christmas’ Usher Holiday – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Happy Death Day’ Reaps $100M+ At Worldwide Box Office
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Hits Tracking & A $200M Opening Would Come As No Surprise
- ‘Pretty Woman’ Musical Sets Broadway Theater, Opening Dates
- ‘Justice League’ Flies Past $101M; ‘Wonder’ Sparks $31M+ As Thanksgiving Week Warms Up