Today, SAG National Board member and TV actress Anne-Marie Johnson made this statement public on the Writers Guild website: “As a unionist and 11-year National Board member of the Screen Actors Guild, I was extremely disappointed to hear about the current situation facing the four fired House Of Payne writers. As an actor who occasionally appears on Mr. Perry’s show, I am conflicted and angry. I realize that speaking publicly in support of the writers will jeopardize my recurring role, but Mr. Perry’s firing of writers, for negotiating for fair WGA coverage, including health insurance, does not speak well for a man who claims to believe in family, pride in one’s race and artistic equality. It’s time he steps up to do the right thing.”
- Photos: WGA Pickets Tyler Perry Studios
- TV Showrunners Tell Tyler Perry: Firings For WGA Activity “Simply Not Acceptable”
- WGA vs Tyler Perry Productions, Contd
- Tyler Perry’s Alleged Role As Union Buster Becoming Big Obama Embarrassment?
- Tyler Perry Fires 4 Writers For Union Activity; Perry’s New Studio Picketed