I’ve confirmed that Josh Friedman, who wrote the “Movie Projector” column covering the weekly box office, has been laid off. An insider told me the Los Angeles Times is now looking for a low-cost freelancer to do it.
LA Times Fires Its Film Box Office Guy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Jason Bourne’ On Way To $55M To $60M; ‘Bad Moms’ Reaching For $30M; ‘Nerve’ Could Find $15M…
- ‘Central Intelligence’ Reaches $200M Worldwide As ‘Jason Bourne’ Moves In
- James Schamus Debuts 'Indignation'; Oscar-Winner Barbara Kopple Charts 'Miss Sharon Jones!' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Swiss Army Man’ Gets Theatrical Release In The UK
- ‘Nerve’ Box Office Takes $2.3M Thursday To Cull $6M In Three Days
- ‘Flamingo Kid’ Broadway Musical Eyes 2018 Opening