Bernie Weinraub, the retired Hollywood and political correspondent for The New York Times (and my pal), has not one but two plays previewing. His drama The Accomplices about Jewish activists who sought aid from the U.S. government to stop the Holocaust, makes its West Coast premiere at the Fountain Theatre July 12-August 24. The play won a Stellar Network award, which led to its premiere in New York by The New Group in March 2007 and a Drama Desk Award nomination for Best New Play. It had its second production at the Biltmore’s GableStage in Coral Gables, Florida. Weinraub’s second play, Above the Fold, about journalism, was recently accepted by New York Stage & Film for its 2008 Reading Festival, part of the Powerhouse Theater Festival at Vassar this summer. The reading was directed by Will Frears and starred Famke Jansen. Weinraub, of course, is married to Sony Pictures Entertainment co-chairman Amy Pascal.
Bernie Weinraub's Second Act: Two Plays
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38M+ Second Weekend - Sat. PM Update
'The Fate Of The Furious' Expected To Cross $750M Internationally For Uni Record, $1B Worldwide Next Week
'Gilbert' Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: "This Could Be What Hell Is"
Latest Video News
- John Turturro On His ‘Hair’ & How Indie Filmmaking Has Changed: “The Medium-Sized Film Has Gone Away”…
- Stephen Colbert Hate-Tastes Starbucks’ Unicorn Frappuccino, Describes Color As “Tumor”
- ‘Unforgettable’ Review: Katherine Heigl Proves She Can Be Very Good At Playing Very Bad
- ‘Frank Serpico’ Tribeca Clip: The Story Of The Guy Behind ‘Serpico’ From The Guy Behind ‘Serpico…
- Bryan Singer Teams With Blackpills On Digital Sci-Fi Series ‘August One’
- SAG-AFTRA’s Six-Month Video Game Strike Left Out Of Highlight Reel For Merger Anniversary