So here’s The Women trailer that was playing with Sex And The City over the weekend. I find it funny, but I’d redo it to appeal more to the psychographic of SATC‘s two-quadrant audience. (Did you notice that the main lyrics to the Duffy song “Mercy” on the soundtrack of the trailer for The Women were: “Why won’t you release me… I’m begging you for mercy”?) I’ve found out that The Women‘s budget was only $16.5 million, not the $18 million previously circulating. Wow, that’s cheap. As I reported yesterday, Warner Bros is now going to “take another look” at marketing and distributing it in wide release: (See my previous post: Why Won’t Warner Embrace ‘The Women’? Or Will It? And What Other Female Film Isn’t Getting Love There?
'The Women' Trailer…
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest Video News
- ‘Atomic Blonde’ Review: Charlize Theron Kicks Ass, But Spy Action Thriller Has More Fight Than Bite
- ‘Brad’s Status’ Trailer: Mike White & Ben Stiller Plumb The Depths Of Dads
- Seth Meyers Probes Jared Kushner’s Nickname, Kid Rock’s Senate Bid And Other Scary Headlines
- Trevor Noah Explains Donald Trump’s Anthony Scaramucci Bromance
- ‘One Mississippi’ Teaser: First Look At Season 2 Of Tig Notaro’s Amazon Dark Comedy
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video