So here’s The Women trailer that was playing with Sex And The City over the weekend. I find it funny, but I’d redo it to appeal more to the psychographic of SATC‘s two-quadrant audience. (Did you notice that the main lyrics to the Duffy song “Mercy” on the soundtrack of the trailer for The Women were: “Why won’t you release me… I’m begging you for mercy”?) I’ve found out that The Women‘s budget was only $16.5 million, not the $18 million previously circulating. Wow, that’s cheap. As I reported yesterday, Warner Bros is now going to “take another look” at marketing and distributing it in wide release: (See my previous post: Why Won’t Warner Embrace ‘The Women’? Or Will It? And What Other Female Film Isn’t Getting Love There?
'The Women' Trailer…
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Latest Video News
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Review: Gotta Watch Spike Lee’s TV Version Of 1986 Movie
- ‘All The Money In The World’ Posters: Severed Ear, No Spacey
- Andy Serkis On Directing ‘Breathe’ And A New ‘Jungle Book’, His Tips From Peter Jackson & More – Behind…
- Al Franken Accuser Reads Letter Of Apology She Received, On ‘The View’
- Seth Meyers Tackles Al Franken, Updates Roy Moore Sex Misconduct Claims
- Stephen Colbert Addresses Harassment Allegation Against Al Franken