So here’s The Women trailer that was playing with Sex And The City over the weekend. I find it funny, but I’d redo it to appeal more to the psychographic of SATC‘s two-quadrant audience. (Did you notice that the main lyrics to the Duffy song “Mercy” on the soundtrack of the trailer for The Women were: “Why won’t you release me… I’m begging you for mercy”?) I’ve found out that The Women‘s budget was only $16.5 million, not the $18 million previously circulating. Wow, that’s cheap. As I reported yesterday, Warner Bros is now going to “take another look” at marketing and distributing it in wide release: (See my previous post: Why Won’t Warner Embrace ‘The Women’? Or Will It? And What Other Female Film Isn’t Getting Love There?
'The Women' Trailer…
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest Video News
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Chelsea Handler & EPs Talk Delivering Info With Humor In Docu-Series
- ‘Keanu’ Review: Key & Peele’s Riotous Feature Debut Is More Fun Than A Cat Video
- Jimmy Kimmel Schmoozes With L.A. Rams First Overall Draft Pick Jared Goff
- Kelly Ripa’s New Contract Strategy: Screaming Hairy Armadillo
- ‘Mother’s Day’ Review: Julia Roberts & Jennifer Aniston Turn On The Smiles, But Laughs Are Light In Dated…
- ‘Tulip Fever’ Trailer: Alicia Vikander, Dane DeHaan, Forbidden Love & The Booming Tulip-Bulb Market