So here’s The Women trailer that was playing with Sex And The City over the weekend. I find it funny, but I’d redo it to appeal more to the psychographic of SATC‘s two-quadrant audience. (Did you notice that the main lyrics to the Duffy song “Mercy” on the soundtrack of the trailer for The Women were: “Why won’t you release me… I’m begging you for mercy”?) I’ve found out that The Women‘s budget was only $16.5 million, not the $18 million previously circulating. Wow, that’s cheap. As I reported yesterday, Warner Bros is now going to “take another look” at marketing and distributing it in wide release: (See my previous post: Why Won’t Warner Embrace ‘The Women’? Or Will It? And What Other Female Film Isn’t Getting Love There?
'The Women' Trailer…
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Video News
- ‘The Hollars’ Review: John Krasinski’s Directorial Triumph Earns Laughs & Tears
- Showtime In Talks To Add Postscript To ‘Weiner’ In Wake Of Huma Abedin Separation Announcement – Update
- Emmy Ballots Due Today: Watch Gold Derby Vs Deadline Prediction Smackdown On Drama Series Actor Race
- ‘In Dubious Battle’ Trailer: James Franco Takes On John Steinbeck – Venice
- ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ Including The Oscars – With A Little Help From Pete Hammond
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Review: Roberto Duran Boxing Biopic Takes Too Many Swings