That’s the number — $80 million — which my box office gurus are estimating for The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian‘s 3-day weekend haul. Showings of the joint Disney/Walden Media fantasy pic start in major outlets among the 3,929 theaters at 12:01 AM Friday, but of course the major moolah will be made during Saturday and Sunday kiddie matinees. I’ll have a more complete analysis later.
Wkd Prediction: 'Narnia 2' To Total $80M
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
'Office Christmas Party' Gets Louder With $17M+, Though 'Moana' Still Has Leading Luau; 'La La Land' Huge - Noon Update
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Office Christmas Party’ Gets Louder With $17M+, Though ‘Moana’ Still Has Leading Luau; ‘La La Land’ Huge – Noon…
- ‘La La Land’ Bows, Flirts With Oscar; Katie Holmes Directs ‘All We Had’ – Specialty Box Office…
- ‘The Band’s Visit’, Based On The 2007 Israeli Film, Is The Season’s Best New Musical – Review
- A Movie History First? The Year Might End Without A Flicker Of Reality In The Box-Office Top 10
- Bad Robot’s ‘God Particle’ Off Paramount’s Schedule, ‘Cloverfield’ Sets Fall Date
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Trailer Seizes 100M Views Online