Today, The Hollywood Reporter does an AMPTP-friendly story about how Hollywood’s big-name movie stars aren’t pulling in the money they once did at the box office. What the trade fails to point out in its chart is that all but one of the actors are CAA clients. The one who’s not is Leo DiCaprio, who continues to have no agency representation. And, to be fair, Vince Vaughn only just went to CAA from United Talent. But the rest — Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Julia Roberts, Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell — are all part of CAA’s very crowded A-list stable. And notice how Tom Cruise isn’t even mentioned. Meanwhile, explain to me how the moguls are gonna sell movies here and abroad if they keep trying hard during these SAG talks to devalue actors?
Do You Think This Could Be The Reason?
What's Hot on Deadline
Paramount To Turn Key & Peele's 'Substitute Teacher' Into Feature; Keegan-Michael Key And Jordan Peele To Star
Latest Box Office News
- Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart Take On Alien Toon At The Box Office: It’s Gonna Be Close
- Elaine Stritch Bio Sells At Auction To Farrar, Straus & Giroux: Media
- Sundance Award Winner ‘Meru’ Snapped Up By Music Box
- ‘It Follows’ To Scare Up Business In 1,200 Theaters On Friday
- Brian Stokes Mitchell Laureled By New Dramatists
- ‘Insurgent’ Tops Overseas Box Office; DWA’s ‘Home’ Runs Up $20M – Update