Today, The Hollywood Reporter does an AMPTP-friendly story about how Hollywood’s big-name movie stars aren’t pulling in the money they once did at the box office. What the trade fails to point out in its chart is that all but one of the actors are CAA clients. The one who’s not is Leo DiCaprio, who continues to have no agency representation. And, to be fair, Vince Vaughn only just went to CAA from United Talent. But the rest — Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Julia Roberts, Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell — are all part of CAA’s very crowded A-list stable. And notice how Tom Cruise isn’t even mentioned. Meanwhile, explain to me how the moguls are gonna sell movies here and abroad if they keep trying hard during these SAG talks to devalue actors?
Do You Think This Could Be The Reason?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
Latest Box Office News
- Broadway Box Office, Part 2: ‘Waitress’ Soars With Sara Bareilles; Plays Struggle
- Broadway Box Office: 2016-17 Season Ends With More Bucks, Fewer Butts In Seats
- ‘Oslo’ Continues Awards Spree; ‘Indecent’s Paula Vogel, Too: The Obies
- Universal Sets 2019 Release Date For Jordan Peele’s Untitled Social Thriller
- Why ‘Alien: Covenant’ Lost Its Bite At The B.O. With $36.1M Opening, -34% From ‘Prometheus’ — Box…
- Who’s Afraid Of Edward Albee? Dramatists Guild Backs ‘Virginia Woolf’ Playwright In Casting Dispute