Today, The Hollywood Reporter does an AMPTP-friendly story about how Hollywood’s big-name movie stars aren’t pulling in the money they once did at the box office. What the trade fails to point out in its chart is that all but one of the actors are CAA clients. The one who’s not is Leo DiCaprio, who continues to have no agency representation. And, to be fair, Vince Vaughn only just went to CAA from United Talent. But the rest — Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Julia Roberts, Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell — are all part of CAA’s very crowded A-list stable. And notice how Tom Cruise isn’t even mentioned. Meanwhile, explain to me how the moguls are gonna sell movies here and abroad if they keep trying hard during these SAG talks to devalue actors?
Do You Think This Could Be The Reason?
What's Hot on Deadline
'The White Princess': Alex Kalymnios To Direct Starz Miniseries; Amy Manson, Andrew Whipp, Patrick Gibson Join Cast
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Dory’ Makes A Wide Break Before Summer Ends
- Advance Movie Ticket Seller Fandango Adds ArcLight Cinemas To Venue Roster
- $4.3 Billion Summer, +3% From 2015, To Go Out With A Whimper Over Labor Day – Box Office Preview
- ‘Bourne’ Back At #1 & ‘Ice Age’ Skates To $300M+, Both With China Assist; ‘Pets’ Passes $700M WW – Intl…
- Forget About Summer & Sequelitis: Will Fall’s Crowded Pipeline Cannibalize B.O.? – Box Office
- Focus Features’ ‘A Monster Calls’ Dials Up Christmas Weekend Release