Today, The Hollywood Reporter does an AMPTP-friendly story about how Hollywood’s big-name movie stars aren’t pulling in the money they once did at the box office. What the trade fails to point out in its chart is that all but one of the actors are CAA clients. The one who’s not is Leo DiCaprio, who continues to have no agency representation. And, to be fair, Vince Vaughn only just went to CAA from United Talent. But the rest — Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Julia Roberts, Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell — are all part of CAA’s very crowded A-list stable. And notice how Tom Cruise isn’t even mentioned. Meanwhile, explain to me how the moguls are gonna sell movies here and abroad if they keep trying hard during these SAG talks to devalue actors?
Do You Think This Could Be The Reason?
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Box Office News
- A.R. Gurney’s Shaggy Dog Tale ‘Sylvia’ Gets Broadway Revival With Annaleigh Ashford
- Bradley Cooper, Taylor Schilling Will Present On Tony Telecast – But What About Tommy Tune?
- Glenne Headly Will Go ‘Fish’ With Jason Alexander In Larry David’s Broadway Smash
- George Takei’s Personal ‘Allegiance’ Sets Cast For Fall Broadway Bow
- ‘San Andreas’ To Shake Up Charts Post Memorial Day — Box Office Preview
- ‘Orange’ Jailbird Danielle Brooks Heads To Broadway’s ‘Color Purple’