Today, The Hollywood Reporter does an AMPTP-friendly story about how Hollywood’s big-name movie stars aren’t pulling in the money they once did at the box office. What the trade fails to point out in its chart is that all but one of the actors are CAA clients. The one who’s not is Leo DiCaprio, who continues to have no agency representation. And, to be fair, Vince Vaughn only just went to CAA from United Talent. But the rest — Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Julia Roberts, Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell — are all part of CAA’s very crowded A-list stable. And notice how Tom Cruise isn’t even mentioned. Meanwhile, explain to me how the moguls are gonna sell movies here and abroad if they keep trying hard during these SAG talks to devalue actors?
Do You Think This Could Be The Reason?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15M Opening Day; 5-Day Outlook Now At $63M-$65M
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Cats’ Broadway Revival To Be Scratched At Year’s End
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Running Out Of Gas With $15M Opening Day; 5-Day Outlook Now At $63M-$65M
- ‘Avatar’ Sequels Update: Production “Officially” Begins In September On Saga’s Stand-Alones…
- Universal Tunes Up For ‘Jurassic’ 2018; Goes ‘Atomic’ & Shoots For The Moon – CineEurope
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Stateside Rust To Be Buffed By China & Overseas Results – Global…
- Tony Shalhoub, Katrina Lenk Re-Up For ‘The Band’s Visit’ Broadway Transfer