Today, The Hollywood Reporter does an AMPTP-friendly story about how Hollywood’s big-name movie stars aren’t pulling in the money they once did at the box office. What the trade fails to point out in its chart is that all but one of the actors are CAA clients. The one who’s not is Leo DiCaprio, who continues to have no agency representation. And, to be fair, Vince Vaughn only just went to CAA from United Talent. But the rest — Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Julia Roberts, Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell — are all part of CAA’s very crowded A-list stable. And notice how Tom Cruise isn’t even mentioned. Meanwhile, explain to me how the moguls are gonna sell movies here and abroad if they keep trying hard during these SAG talks to devalue actors?
Do You Think This Could Be The Reason?
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Dates 'Fifty Shades' Sequels, 'Furious 8'; 'Pacific Rim 2', 'Mummy' Moved Back -- CinemaCon Update
Latest Box Office News
- They’re Baaaack! Harvey Weinstein, Former ‘Finding’ Flack Renew Their Vows
- ‘Adaline’ Leading Friday, But ‘Furious 7′ Should Zoom Ahead For Weekend Win — Midday Box Office
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Continues To Set Records With $44.8M In Two Days
- Kander & Ebb’s ‘The Visit’ And D’Amour’s ‘Airline Highway’ Send Broadway Into Tony Season On A Dark Note…
- How Strong Is Your Film’s Buzz? Rentrak’s PreAct Can Tell You – CinemaCon
- ‘Something Rotten!’ Plays The Bard Card In Broadway Merriment – Review