Today, The Hollywood Reporter does an AMPTP-friendly story about how Hollywood’s big-name movie stars aren’t pulling in the money they once did at the box office. What the trade fails to point out in its chart is that all but one of the actors are CAA clients. The one who’s not is Leo DiCaprio, who continues to have no agency representation. And, to be fair, Vince Vaughn only just went to CAA from United Talent. But the rest — Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Julia Roberts, Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell — are all part of CAA’s very crowded A-list stable. And notice how Tom Cruise isn’t even mentioned. Meanwhile, explain to me how the moguls are gonna sell movies here and abroad if they keep trying hard during these SAG talks to devalue actors?
Do You Think This Could Be The Reason?
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Box Office News
- No. 14 ‘The Conjuring 2’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Jason Hall’s Directorial Debut ‘Thank You For Your Service’ Secures Late October Date
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Brings Global Box Office To $462M Through Wednesday
- Jerry Seinfeld Backs Prankster “Ted L. Nancy” Show At Geffen Playhouse Lab Space
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Stays Pretty: Posts Best Wednesday In March, Second Best Pre-Summer – Box Office
- China Cracks Down On Box Office Fraud; Suspends, Fines Hundreds Of Cinemas