Today, The Hollywood Reporter does an AMPTP-friendly story about how Hollywood’s big-name movie stars aren’t pulling in the money they once did at the box office. What the trade fails to point out in its chart is that all but one of the actors are CAA clients. The one who’s not is Leo DiCaprio, who continues to have no agency representation. And, to be fair, Vince Vaughn only just went to CAA from United Talent. But the rest — Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Julia Roberts, Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell — are all part of CAA’s very crowded A-list stable. And notice how Tom Cruise isn’t even mentioned. Meanwhile, explain to me how the moguls are gonna sell movies here and abroad if they keep trying hard during these SAG talks to devalue actors?
Do You Think This Could Be The Reason?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Sully’ Schedules Flight To China
- Jake Gyllenhaal Fills The Canvas of Sondheim & Lapine’s ‘Sunday In The Park With George’ – Review
- Disney Swaps Pixar Sequels: ‘Incredibles 2’ Now Set For 2018 & ‘Toy Story 4’ Pushed To 2019
- ‘Dangal’: Trailer For Aamir Khan’s Bollywood Wrestling Drama Pins Over 23M Views
- As ‘Inferno’ Crosses $100M Overseas, Ron Howard Movie Hopes To Light Fire Stateside – Box Office Preview
- ‘Inferno’ Fires Up $100M+ At International Box Office