Today, The Hollywood Reporter does an AMPTP-friendly story about how Hollywood’s big-name movie stars aren’t pulling in the money they once did at the box office. What the trade fails to point out in its chart is that all but one of the actors are CAA clients. The one who’s not is Leo DiCaprio, who continues to have no agency representation. And, to be fair, Vince Vaughn only just went to CAA from United Talent. But the rest — Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Julia Roberts, Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell — are all part of CAA’s very crowded A-list stable. And notice how Tom Cruise isn’t even mentioned. Meanwhile, explain to me how the moguls are gonna sell movies here and abroad if they keep trying hard during these SAG talks to devalue actors?
Do You Think This Could Be The Reason?
What's Hot on Deadline
Rashida Jones Praises Netflix For Backing "Risky" 'Hot Girls Wanted: Turned On' Docuseries - Sundance Studio
Uni/Blumhouse's 'Split' Is A Hit With High $39M To $40M+; 'Xander Cage' Falls Down - Saturday AM Update
Latest Box Office News
- ‘XXX: Return Of Xander Cage’ Muscles Into #1 With $50.5M – International Box Office
- Sony Pictures Classics’ ‘Red Turtle’ Draws $21K; ’20th Century Women’ Decent In Expansion – Specialty…
- ‘Rogue One’ Blasts Past $1B At Global Box Office; ‘Moana’ Sails To $500M+
- Uni/Blumhouse’s ‘Split’ Is A Hit With High $39M To $40M+; ‘Xander Cage’ Falls Down – Saturday…
- Video: Ben Vereen’s Wrenching ‘Wonderful World’ – “It Ain’t Over!” – At Broadway’s ‘Concert For America…
- Brendan Gleeson Goes Outlaw In 'Trespass Against Us'; Madonna's Dancers 'Strike a Pose' – Specialty B.O. Preview