Today, The Hollywood Reporter does an AMPTP-friendly story about how Hollywood’s big-name movie stars aren’t pulling in the money they once did at the box office. What the trade fails to point out in its chart is that all but one of the actors are CAA clients. The one who’s not is Leo DiCaprio, who continues to have no agency representation. And, to be fair, Vince Vaughn only just went to CAA from United Talent. But the rest — Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Julia Roberts, Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell — are all part of CAA’s very crowded A-list stable. And notice how Tom Cruise isn’t even mentioned. Meanwhile, explain to me how the moguls are gonna sell movies here and abroad if they keep trying hard during these SAG talks to devalue actors?
Do You Think This Could Be The Reason?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Baywatch’ Surfs To Memorial Day Weekend, ‘Life’ Flies To March
- Elizabeth Reaser And Josh Radnor Ride Richard Greenberg’s ‘The Babylon Line’ – Review
- Martin Scorsese’s ‘Silence’ Plots January Expansion
- ‘How To Train Your Dragon 3’ Flies To 2019; Uni’s DWA To Scale ‘Everest’
- Post-Thanskgiving Plummet Knocks Stuffing Out Of Broadway Box Office
- ‘Sweet Charity’, Sexism & Critics, Plus ‘Harry Potter And The Cursed Child’ Plots Broadway Landing – Gerard…