What a sick joke. Today the Alliance for Children’s Rights announced it’s going to honor Nina Tassler, the CBS Entertainment president, with the National Champion For Children Award at its 15th annual awards gala. Oh, and co-chairing the event will be Les Moonves and Nancy Tellem. All these people OK’ed last fall’s disgusting Kid Nation reality show which exploited 40 kids ages 8 to 15, injured some, but also shot the series under extreme secrecy in a state that did not protect children on show-biz sets, and in such a way that guild rules didn’t apply. At least Moonves regrets airing the show because of the big controversy (and bad ratings) surrounding it.
- So CBS Airing ‘Kid Nation’ Doesn’t Count?
- Yes, Les, This Was A Very Very Bad Idea
- Les, Lift The $5 Million Gag Order & Let ‘Kid Nation’ Children And Parents Tell All
- Finke/LA Weekly: Moonves Should Pull the Plug on Kid Nation
- No ‘Kid Nation’ Screeners For CBS Board
- Advertisers Are Rejecting CBS ‘Kid Nation’
- Les Moonves, A Mogul With No Conscience