SATURDAY AM: Friday night only $8.6 million from 3,528 theaters with anemic per screen average. Weekend estimate is $27 million. Cost of movie: $200+ million (amid reports that director Chris Weitz confirmed the budget soared to $250 mil). This flop should sink New Line Cinema chairman Bob Shaye’s chances to stay on when his contract expires in 2008… Full report Sunday AM.
'Golden Compass' = 2007's Bigger Bombs
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Black Panther’ Blasts Off With $169M Overseas; $371M WW Weekend – International Box Office
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred ‘Jurassic World’ & Possibly ‘Last Jedi…
- History Is Already Written: Film Comedies Came Back In 2018
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Crossing $900M WW Box Office This Weekend
- ‘Black Panther’ Rises To $82M Through Friday; $150M+ Weekend In Sight – International Box Office
- ‘Unmasked’ Musical Celebrating Andrew Lloyd Webber To Bow In September