I’m told that The Hollywood Reporter‘s newly named editor Elizabeth Guider misled Merv Griffin’s people. They were told by her on Friday that Ray Richmond’s claims about the TV legend’s personal life had been removed from the paper’s website and blog. But she did not inform them until 24 hours later that she restored the commentary almost immediately. Guider’s email sent to them today said she made her decision after deciding the piece was not “malicious, mendacious or unfair-minded”. Griffin’s people have canceled a planned tribute ad Monday in THR. I understand that The Hollywood Reporter‘s publisher John Kilcullen was away when this controversy erupted. The troubled trade plagued by staff defections and other turmoil has received a multitude of Industry complaints about its decision to run Friday’s article. It appeared on the day of the funeral mass for Griffin. See my previous:
More On Merv & The Hollywood Reporter
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?