I told you that Sony was acting extra-sneaky with Spider-Man 3, quietly adding lots of midnight showings tonight in major cities around the country. Now Fandango, which sells movie tickets to more than 15,000 screens, reports that more than 100 midnight Spidey shows for tonight are sold-out. As a result, many theaters are adding 3:00 a.m. shows to accomodate the extra demand. The threequel is expectedly snaring a whopping 95% of all movie ticket sales on Fandango, outpacing both Spider-Man 2 and Pirates 2 in advance Sales. It’s Fandango’s fastest-selling movie of the year so far — a strong indicator of fan anticipation for the U.S. release which has already broken Asian and European box office records. Fandango is reporting that SM3 is currently selling six times as many tickets as Spider-Man 2 and 2 1/2 times as many tickets as last year’s Pirates: Dead Man’s Chest sold at the same point in the films’ respective sales cycles on Fandango.
'Spidey 3' Midnight Screenings Selling Out
What's Hot on Deadline
Caitlyn Jenner Slams Donald Trump Over Transgender Military Ban; Hollywood Reacts To POTUS Tweets - Update
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
'Feud' Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland's Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX - Update
White House Threatens To Stop Press Briefing Over Questions On Donald Trump's Transgender Military Ban
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Emoji Movie’ & ‘Atomic Blonde’ Vie To Take ‘Dunkirk’ Brigade Out At Box Office
- ‘Homeland’s Mandy Patinkin Is Moscow-Bound For Brief ‘Natasha, Pierre’ Gig
- ‘Valerian’ And The City Of A Thousand Misconceptions: Who’s On The Hook?
- Blair Brown Joins Beau Willimon’s ‘Parisian Woman’ On Broadway; Bedlam Revives ‘Peter Pan’
- Broadway Box Office: Brendon Urie Kicks ‘Kinky Boots’ To $1.4M; Disney’s ‘Aladdin’ Up $207K
- Universal Hits $4B In Global Box Office For Second Time In Its History