I told you that Sony was acting extra-sneaky with Spider-Man 3, quietly adding lots of midnight showings tonight in major cities around the country. Now Fandango, which sells movie tickets to more than 15,000 screens, reports that more than 100 midnight Spidey shows for tonight are sold-out. As a result, many theaters are adding 3:00 a.m. shows to accomodate the extra demand. The threequel is expectedly snaring a whopping 95% of all movie ticket sales on Fandango, outpacing both Spider-Man 2 and Pirates 2 in advance Sales. It’s Fandango’s fastest-selling movie of the year so far — a strong indicator of fan anticipation for the U.S. release which has already broken Asian and European box office records. Fandango is reporting that SM3 is currently selling six times as many tickets as Spider-Man 2 and 2 1/2 times as many tickets as last year’s Pirates: Dead Man’s Chest sold at the same point in the films’ respective sales cycles on Fandango.
'Spidey 3' Midnight Screenings Selling Out
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest Box Office News
- Broadway Review: Warner Bros Bets On ‘Charlie And The Chocolate Factory’ Redo
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International…
- Docs 'Citizen Jane' & 'Jeremiah Tower' Rule Quiet Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- Max Winkler’s Teenage Comedy ‘Flower’ Plants Itself At The Orchard – Tribeca
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend – Sunday AM Update
- ‘Deadpool 2’, ‘New Mutants’ & ‘Dark Phoenix’ Find 2018 Dates Among Fox’s Slew Of Release Changes…