So the 70-year-old actress beat the 20-year-old ingenue head-to-head at the box office this weekend even though they were starring in the same movie. Who would have thunk it? That’s the result from exit polls showing that, among moviegoers who went to see the Morgan Creek / Universal’s Georgia Rule (and believe me there weren’t many; it was stillborn in theaters), 53% went to see Jane Fonda (even though she was channelling her father Henry), 50% went to see the story (which was critically panned), and only 34% went to see Lindsay Lohan (whose price quote just sank by half). Maybe the public has reached critical mass where it’s not good enough to simply be famous for being famous.
Proof Lindsay Lohan's Act Has Worn Thin
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest Box Office News
- Weinstein Co.’s Ballerina Toon ‘Leap!’ Jumps Up From Labor Day – Update
- ‘Dunkirk’ To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; ‘Girls Trip’ Hot At $27M+; ‘Valerian’ Falling To Earth…
- ‘Dunkirk’ Logs Two-Day Cume Of $8.6M After Solid $2.2M Start – Int’l Box Office
- ‘Suburbicon’, ‘Mother!’ Move Up; ‘Cloverfield’ Stomps To February – Paramount Release…
- Jenny Slate Dials Up 'Landline'; Music Box Calls 'The Midwife' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Toronto’s Superb Soulpepper Troupe Beats ‘Hamilton’ At The Freebie Game