I’ve confirmed that Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World’s End will start showing in U.S. theaters Thursday night May 24th at 8 p.m. despite its official Friday May 25th release. This means P3 will now get a 4 1/3-day weekend over the Memorial Day holiday. “Our box office reporting, as always, will be transparent,” a Disney exec promises on the subject of whether Thursday’s figures could creep into the official Friday-through-Sunday reporting by which most movies are judged. But I have to ask: won’t this cut into P3‘s final North American 3-day weekend tally and make it harder to beat Spider-Man 3‘s huge numbers? Clearly, getting more gross is the goal. I’m also told that P3 is clocking in at no less than a 2 hour and 30 minute running time. In fact, the invite for the May 21st screening says it’s 2 hours 47 minutes. As for whether it’s finished yet, I was reminded that Jerry Bruckheimer was also late on the first Pirates and delivered it only in time for the premiere which was the first time Mouse execs saw the finished film. But when you’re JB, Disney waits on you — not the other way around.
Disney Moves Up Release Of 'Pirates 3'
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21.7M As 'Rampage' Beats Chest, 'Super Trooper 2' Surprises - Sunday AM Update
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
'Rampage' Rounds $216M Overseas; 'A Quiet Place' Cranks WW Volume To $207M - International Box Office
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Rampage’ Rounds $216M Overseas; ‘A Quiet Place’ Cranks WW Volume To $207M – International…
- 'Ghost Stories' Leads Subdued Weekend For Limited Releases; Holdover 'The Rider' Gallops: Specialty Box Office
- ‘A Quiet Place’ Still Noisy With $21.7M As ‘Rampage’ Beats Chest, ‘Super Trooper 2’ Surprises – Sunday…
- ‘Ready Player One’ Tops $500M Global Box Office, Scores $200M+ In China
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Advance Ticket Sales Records: Fandango’s Best R-Rated Preseller Ever In First 24 Hours
- William Friedkin Revisits Demons With 'The Devil and Father Amorth'; Godard In Focus – Specialty B.O. Preview