So what’s dark and disturbed Spider-Man 3 going to “web” in for its U.S. opening weekend May 4th-6th? Well, given the good and even great reviews starting to trickle in, and the amazing 90% awareness out there among audiences showing up in tracking, my box office gurus are telling me at this early date to “split the difference” between Spider-Man 1 ($114 mil) and Spider-Man 2 ($88 mil) — so that’s $101 mil. Sony needs to get those wheelbarrows ready for the cash, despite that $250 mil pricetag (which may really be $300+ mil). Jeez, I remember when any movie budget over $100 mil used to make Hollywood faint. Then $150 mil induced a cold sweat. But this sequel-crazed summer of the high rollers, the moguls aren’t even blinking at figures above $200 mil.
Opening Wkd Estimate For 'Spider-Man 3'
What's Hot on Deadline
Why 'Transformers' Is Screaming For Reboot After $69M Start; 'Wonder Woman' & 'Cars 3' Fight Over 2nd Place - Sunday AM
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Bows To $196M Overseas; $265M Global – International Box Office
- 'The Big Sick' Nabs Year's Highest Theater Average; 'The Beguiled' is Sofia Coppola's Best Debut Average – Specialty…
- Why ‘Transformers’ Is Screaming For Reboot After $69M Start; ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Cars 3’ Fight Over 2nd Place…
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Rises To $93M In China – International Box Office
- Actor & Stage Managers Approve Pact With Non-Profit Theater Troupes
- Audience Member Shouts “Let’s Hear It For Women Producers!” As Broadway’s Tony-Winning ‘Indecent…