So what’s dark and disturbed Spider-Man 3 going to “web” in for its U.S. opening weekend May 4th-6th? Well, given the good and even great reviews starting to trickle in, and the amazing 90% awareness out there among audiences showing up in tracking, my box office gurus are telling me at this early date to “split the difference” between Spider-Man 1 ($114 mil) and Spider-Man 2 ($88 mil) — so that’s $101 mil. Sony needs to get those wheelbarrows ready for the cash, despite that $250 mil pricetag (which may really be $300+ mil). Jeez, I remember when any movie budget over $100 mil used to make Hollywood faint. Then $150 mil induced a cold sweat. But this sequel-crazed summer of the high rollers, the moguls aren’t even blinking at figures above $200 mil.
Opening Wkd Estimate For 'Spider-Man 3'
What's Hot on Deadline
Rian Johnson & Ram Bergman Talk 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Deleted Scenes And Finding Light In The Dark Of Episode VIII
Latest Box Office News
- ‘The Last Jedi’ Opening To $208M-$214M: How Disney Continues To Win With The ‘Star Wars’ Franchise
- Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ Faces $18M Lawsuit Over Poorly Performing Pic
- New York’s Famed Lincoln Plaza Art House Theatre Scheduled To Close In January
- Blair Brown On Uma Thurman, Queen Lear – And The Mystery Of ‘Molly Dodd’
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Eyeing $202M-$208M Opening After $97M-$100M Friday – Midday Update
- EuropaCorp Posts Half Year Loss Of $83M, Blames ‘Valerian’ B.O. Performance In U.S.