So what’s dark and disturbed Spider-Man 3 going to “web” in for its U.S. opening weekend May 4th-6th? Well, given the good and even great reviews starting to trickle in, and the amazing 90% awareness out there among audiences showing up in tracking, my box office gurus are telling me at this early date to “split the difference” between Spider-Man 1 ($114 mil) and Spider-Man 2 ($88 mil) — so that’s $101 mil. Sony needs to get those wheelbarrows ready for the cash, despite that $250 mil pricetag (which may really be $300+ mil). Jeez, I remember when any movie budget over $100 mil used to make Hollywood faint. Then $150 mil induced a cold sweat. But this sequel-crazed summer of the high rollers, the moguls aren’t even blinking at figures above $200 mil.
Opening Wkd Estimate For 'Spider-Man 3'
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In…
- ‘Tomorrowland’ & ‘Poltergeist’ Rise In Matinees – Box Office Friday
- Swoosie Kurtz On ‘Mike & Molly,’ Mom And Her First Tony Award Nomination
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Limited Release While ‘Poltergeist’ Grabs Strong $1.4M – Box Office Thursday
- Jennifer Connelly & Cillian Murphy Go ‘Aloft’ – Specialty Box Office Preview
- Amanda Seyfried, Thomas Sadoski Get Hot’N’Bothered In Neil LaBute’s ‘The Way We Get By…