So what’s dark and disturbed Spider-Man 3 going to “web” in for its U.S. opening weekend May 4th-6th? Well, given the good and even great reviews starting to trickle in, and the amazing 90% awareness out there among audiences showing up in tracking, my box office gurus are telling me at this early date to “split the difference” between Spider-Man 1 ($114 mil) and Spider-Man 2 ($88 mil) — so that’s $101 mil. Sony needs to get those wheelbarrows ready for the cash, despite that $250 mil pricetag (which may really be $300+ mil). Jeez, I remember when any movie budget over $100 mil used to make Hollywood faint. Then $150 mil induced a cold sweat. But this sequel-crazed summer of the high rollers, the moguls aren’t even blinking at figures above $200 mil.
Opening Wkd Estimate For 'Spider-Man 3'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Bourne' Back At #1 & 'Ice Age' Skates To $300M+, Both With China Assist; 'Pets' Passes $700M WW - Intl Box Office
ABC Nabs 'Doomsday' Drama From Carol Mendelsohn, VJ Boyd & Mark Bianculli With Big Pilot Production Commitment
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Bourne’ Back At #1 & ‘Ice Age’ Skates To $300M+, Both With China Assist; ‘Pets’ Passes $700M WW – Intl…
- ‘Southside With You' Has Solid Debut Weekend Date: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After ‘Sausage Party’, ‘Shallows’…
- Edward Snowden To Appear Via Satellite In U.S. Theaters Ahead Of ‘Snowden’ Opening
- The Obamas Walk 'Southside With You'; Gus Van Sant Plants 'The Sea Of Trees' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Feeling Backlash From China Audiences Over 3D Version