So what’s dark and disturbed Spider-Man 3 going to “web” in for its U.S. opening weekend May 4th-6th? Well, given the good and even great reviews starting to trickle in, and the amazing 90% awareness out there among audiences showing up in tracking, my box office gurus are telling me at this early date to “split the difference” between Spider-Man 1 ($114 mil) and Spider-Man 2 ($88 mil) — so that’s $101 mil. Sony needs to get those wheelbarrows ready for the cash, despite that $250 mil pricetag (which may really be $300+ mil). Jeez, I remember when any movie budget over $100 mil used to make Hollywood faint. Then $150 mil induced a cold sweat. But this sequel-crazed summer of the high rollers, the moguls aren’t even blinking at figures above $200 mil.
Opening Wkd Estimate For 'Spider-Man 3'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jack Reacher 2' Arm-Wrestling 'Madea' For No. 1; Audiences Aren't 'Keeping Up With The Joneses' - Midday Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Burn This’ Broadway Revival With Jake Gyllenhaal Postponed Until 2017-2018
- ‘Jack Reacher 2’ Arm-Wrestling ‘Madea’ For No. 1; Audiences Aren’t ‘Keeping Up With The Joneses’…
- Michael Moore Trumps Weekend Buzz; Leonardo DiCaprio Floats 'Before the Flood' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ’13 Going On 30′ Going To Broadway; Revolution Preps Musical Take On 2004 Hit
- Nathan Lane’s The News In Scott Rudin’s Star-Packed ‘Front Page’ Revival
- Mike Bartlett’s ‘Love, Love, Love’ Sizzles With Amy Ryan, Zoe Kazan – Review