So what’s dark and disturbed Spider-Man 3 going to “web” in for its U.S. opening weekend May 4th-6th? Well, given the good and even great reviews starting to trickle in, and the amazing 90% awareness out there among audiences showing up in tracking, my box office gurus are telling me at this early date to “split the difference” between Spider-Man 1 ($114 mil) and Spider-Man 2 ($88 mil) — so that’s $101 mil. Sony needs to get those wheelbarrows ready for the cash, despite that $250 mil pricetag (which may really be $300+ mil). Jeez, I remember when any movie budget over $100 mil used to make Hollywood faint. Then $150 mil induced a cold sweat. But this sequel-crazed summer of the high rollers, the moguls aren’t even blinking at figures above $200 mil.
Opening Wkd Estimate For 'Spider-Man 3'
What's Hot on Deadline
Up To 750K Attend Anti-Trump Protest In Downtown Los Angeles; Huge Crowds Also In NYC, D.C. (UPDATE)
Latest Box Office News
- Uni/Blumhouse’s ‘Split’ Is A Hit With $38M To $39M+; ‘Xander Cage’ Falls Down – Saturday AM…
- Video: Ben Vereen’s Wrenching ‘Wonderful World’ – “It Ain’t Over!” – At Broadway’s ‘Concert For America’ Alt-Inaugural…
- Brendan Gleeson Goes Outlaw In 'Trespass Against Us'; Madonna's Dancers 'Strike a Pose' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Wanda Says Thomas Tull Not Fired From Legendary Over ‘The Great Wall’
- ‘Jitney’, ‘Under The Radar’ Reviews: August Wilson’s Genius Shone Through From The Start
- How Did Those 2016 Sundance Sales Work Out?