So what’s dark and disturbed Spider-Man 3 going to “web” in for its U.S. opening weekend May 4th-6th? Well, given the good and even great reviews starting to trickle in, and the amazing 90% awareness out there among audiences showing up in tracking, my box office gurus are telling me at this early date to “split the difference” between Spider-Man 1 ($114 mil) and Spider-Man 2 ($88 mil) — so that’s $101 mil. Sony needs to get those wheelbarrows ready for the cash, despite that $250 mil pricetag (which may really be $300+ mil). Jeez, I remember when any movie budget over $100 mil used to make Hollywood faint. Then $150 mil induced a cold sweat. But this sequel-crazed summer of the high rollers, the moguls aren’t even blinking at figures above $200 mil.
Opening Wkd Estimate For 'Spider-Man 3'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
'Reservoir Dogs' Reunion: Quentin Tarantino Recalls When He "Knew Making Movies Was Going To Work Out" — Tribeca
Director Jim Sheridan's Next: 'H-Block' Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Latin Lover’ Seduces, ‘The Circle’ Broken By D+ CinemaScore, ‘Baahubali 2’ Mighty As ‘Furious’ Leads…
- Lionsgate Dates Mila Kunis-Kate McKinnon Comedy ‘The Spy Who Dumped Me’ For Summer 2018
- 2017 Tony Awards Nominations – Predicting Tuesday’s Nods And Nays
- ‘King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword’ Preview Screenings A Huge Success: AMC Theatres Sell Out, Drawing…
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’ Rockets To $22.3M Overseas – International Box Office
- Rami Malek On The Run In 'Buster's Mal Heart'; Noomi Rapace Kidnapped In 'Rupture' – Specialty B.O. Preview