So what’s dark and disturbed Spider-Man 3 going to “web” in for its U.S. opening weekend May 4th-6th? Well, given the good and even great reviews starting to trickle in, and the amazing 90% awareness out there among audiences showing up in tracking, my box office gurus are telling me at this early date to “split the difference” between Spider-Man 1 ($114 mil) and Spider-Man 2 ($88 mil) — so that’s $101 mil. Sony needs to get those wheelbarrows ready for the cash, despite that $250 mil pricetag (which may really be $300+ mil). Jeez, I remember when any movie budget over $100 mil used to make Hollywood faint. Then $150 mil induced a cold sweat. But this sequel-crazed summer of the high rollers, the moguls aren’t even blinking at figures above $200 mil.
Opening Wkd Estimate For 'Spider-Man 3'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Furious 7′ Leads Pack, ‘Mall Cop 2′ Bags $22M+, ‘Unfriended’ Logs In With $16.5M
- Helen Hayes Theatre Sold For $24.7M, Adding Fourth Nonprofit To Broadway’s Bazaar
- ‘Furious 7′ Tops $1B Worldwide — A First For Universal
- ‘Paul Blart’ Chases In $450K, ‘Unfriended’ Friends $656K In Late Night Thursdays – Box Office
- Ken Watanabe Is A Puzzlement In Stunning ‘King And I’ Revival; Peter Sarsgaard’s ‘Hamlet…
- ‘Finding Neverland’ Musical With Kelsey Grammer Believes In Audiences, Not Critics: The Video Review