In major cities around the country, Sony has quietly added lots of Thursday midnight showings of Spider-Man 3. Most of the sneaks start at 12:01 AM — so technically that’s Friday, which is the official day Spidey is released in U.S. venues. And in some major megaplexes, like Pacific’s The Grove Stadium 14 in Los Angeles, screenings will start at 12:01 AM, 12:05 AM, 12:10 AM, 12:15 AM and 12:20 AM. Obviously the studio is doing everything it can to ensure the threequel makes over $100+ mil its opening weekend May 4th-6th. (Spider-Man 1 took in $114 mil and Spider-Man 2 $88 mil). Sony needs to get those wheelbarrows for the cash, given that $300+ mil unofficial pricetag.
Sony Acting Extra-Sneaky With 'Spidey 3'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Box Office News
- Sofia Coppola & ‘Beguiled’ Cast On The Big Screen Experience: “A Unique One In Our Modern…
- Review: Amber Tamblyn Wreaks Havoc In ‘Can You Forgive Her?’
- Broadway Box Office, Part 2: ‘Waitress’ Soars With Sara Bareilles; Plays Struggle
- Broadway Box Office: 2016-17 Season Ends With More Bucks, Fewer Butts In Seats
- ‘Oslo’ Continues Awards Spree; ‘Indecent’s Paula Vogel, Too: The Obies
- Universal Sets 2019 Release Date For Jordan Peele’s Untitled Social Thriller