In major cities around the country, Sony has quietly added lots of Thursday midnight showings of Spider-Man 3. Most of the sneaks start at 12:01 AM — so technically that’s Friday, which is the official day Spidey is released in U.S. venues. And in some major megaplexes, like Pacific’s The Grove Stadium 14 in Los Angeles, screenings will start at 12:01 AM, 12:05 AM, 12:10 AM, 12:15 AM and 12:20 AM. Obviously the studio is doing everything it can to ensure the threequel makes over $100+ mil its opening weekend May 4th-6th. (Spider-Man 1 took in $114 mil and Spider-Man 2 $88 mil). Sony needs to get those wheelbarrows for the cash, given that $300+ mil unofficial pricetag.
Sony Acting Extra-Sneaky With 'Spidey 3'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Box Office News
- Eubie Blake Smiles As Audra McDonald Leads A Constellation Of Stars In ‘Shuffle Along’ – Broadway Review
- Key & Peele’s ‘Keanu’ Starts To Meow In Thursday Night Previews
- As Broadway Braces For Tony Races, ‘Shuffle Along’ Awaits Key Ruling: Gerard & Roth
- Jason Bateman Directs Christopher Walken, Nicole Kidman In 'Family Fang' – Specialty Preview
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Blasts Off With $14.9M On Day One Overseas
- George Takei Pledges Allegiance To “Most Diverse” Broadway Over Hollywood’s “Gross Stereotypes”