In major cities around the country, Sony has quietly added lots of Thursday midnight showings of Spider-Man 3. Most of the sneaks start at 12:01 AM — so technically that’s Friday, which is the official day Spidey is released in U.S. venues. And in some major megaplexes, like Pacific’s The Grove Stadium 14 in Los Angeles, screenings will start at 12:01 AM, 12:05 AM, 12:10 AM, 12:15 AM and 12:20 AM. Obviously the studio is doing everything it can to ensure the threequel makes over $100+ mil its opening weekend May 4th-6th. (Spider-Man 1 took in $114 mil and Spider-Man 2 $88 mil). Sony needs to get those wheelbarrows for the cash, given that $300+ mil unofficial pricetag.
Sony Acting Extra-Sneaky With 'Spidey 3'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert's Live Post-Debate 'Late Show' Tops Household Ratings But Edged By Jimmy Kimmel In Demo
Bollywood's Karan Johar Appeals For Peaceful 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release Amid Growing India-Pakistan Tensions
Latest Box Office News
- Nathan Lane’s The News In Scott Rudin’s Star-Packed ‘Front Page’ Revival
- Mike Bartlett’s ‘Love, Love, Love’ Sizzles With Amy Ryan, Zoe Kazan – Review
- ‘How To Train Your Dragon 3’ & ‘Larrikins’ Move From Fox To Uni Release Schedule
- Michael Kors Drops $1.5M On Roundabout Company’s Sondheim Theatre – Update
- Will ‘Madea’ Kick ‘Jack Reacher’ In The Shins? – Box Office Preview
- Blumhouse To Penthouse: Studio Screams Way To $2 Billion-Plus Box Office Milestone