In major cities around the country, Sony has quietly added lots of Thursday midnight showings of Spider-Man 3. Most of the sneaks start at 12:01 AM — so technically that’s Friday, which is the official day Spidey is released in U.S. venues. And in some major megaplexes, like Pacific’s The Grove Stadium 14 in Los Angeles, screenings will start at 12:01 AM, 12:05 AM, 12:10 AM, 12:15 AM and 12:20 AM. Obviously the studio is doing everything it can to ensure the threequel makes over $100+ mil its opening weekend May 4th-6th. (Spider-Man 1 took in $114 mil and Spider-Man 2 $88 mil). Sony needs to get those wheelbarrows for the cash, given that $300+ mil unofficial pricetag.
Sony Acting Extra-Sneaky With 'Spidey 3'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Eyeing $95M-$100M Opening Day After Thursday Night Previews Hit $45M - Update
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
Latest Box Office News
- Star Wars? Bill Pullman, Jim Caviezel & Kathy Baker Team For 'The Ballad of Lefty Brown' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Eyeing $95M-$100M Opening Day After Thursday Night Previews Hit $45M – Update
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Awakens To Early $61M Overseas; $106M WW – International Box Office
- Atom Tickets Expands Footprint With National Amusements’ Showcase Cinemas
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Amazon Prime Sneaks Sell Out Grossing Near $2M
- Amazon Sets ‘Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far On Foot’ For May Release