In major cities around the country, Sony has quietly added lots of Thursday midnight showings of Spider-Man 3. Most of the sneaks start at 12:01 AM — so technically that’s Friday, which is the official day Spidey is released in U.S. venues. And in some major megaplexes, like Pacific’s The Grove Stadium 14 in Los Angeles, screenings will start at 12:01 AM, 12:05 AM, 12:10 AM, 12:15 AM and 12:20 AM. Obviously the studio is doing everything it can to ensure the threequel makes over $100+ mil its opening weekend May 4th-6th. (Spider-Man 1 took in $114 mil and Spider-Man 2 $88 mil). Sony needs to get those wheelbarrows for the cash, given that $300+ mil unofficial pricetag.
Sony Acting Extra-Sneaky With 'Spidey 3'
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
'Fear The Walking Dead' EP Gale Anne Hurd Talks Explosive Midseason Finale, 'Walking Dead' Season 7 & What's Next
'Angry Birds' Takes Flight With $38M No. 1 Debut, 'Sorority' Rushes $21.7M, 'Nice Guys' Finish Last With $11.2M - Final B.O.
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Hadestown’ Brings New Orleans Style To Orpheus & Eurydice Tale – Review
- Rajiv Joseph’s ‘Guards At The Taj’ Named Obie Awards’ Best New Play
- Broadway’s 2015-2016 Season Ends On $1.37B High Note
- ‘Angry Birds’ Takes Flight With $38M No. 1 Debut, ‘Sorority’ Rushes $21.7M, ‘Nice Guys’ Finish Last With $11.2M…
- ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Dawns With $101.5M; ‘Angry Birds’ Sings With $55.5M, ‘Zootopia’ #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide – Intl Box…
- iPic Conspiracy Claim Against AMC & Regal Will Go To Trial In Clearances Case