I cannot believe that Joe Roth has the affrontery to still show his face around Hollywood after so many of his Revolution bombs, much less announce in Variety he’s proud of his production company’s “accomplishments”. This, after yet another one of his pics, Perfect Stranger, tanked over the weekend at the U.S. box office (although it’s doing better overseas). Notice how Variety doesn’t mention that, nor how much money he’s lost for Sony which had to pour money down the drain marketing all his crappy films. It’s unbelievable how he has the media completely bamboozled so they don’t blame him just because he’s a nice guy personally. Not me…
'Proud' Joe Roth Must Be Kidding, Right?
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Box Office News
- Forget About Summer & Sequelitis: Will Fall’s Crowded Pipeline Cannibalize B.O.? – Box Office
- Focus Features’ ‘A Monster Calls’ Dials Up Christmas Weekend Release
- Broadway’s Summer Slump Continues With 6.6% Box Office Drop; ‘Paramour’ Gets Therapy
- ‘Bourne’ Back At #1 & ‘Ice Age’ Skates To $300M+, Both With China Assist; ‘Pets’ Passes $700M WW – Intl…
- ‘Southside With You' Has Solid Debut Weekend Date: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After ‘Sausage Party’, ‘Shallows’…