My box office gurus are telling me this past weekend’s gory blockbuster 300 still has lots of momentum for this coming Friday + Saturday + Sunday. The cheapo Warner’s epic should march to 1st place for another big $37 mil, followed by Sony’s Sandra Bullock thriller Premonition with $18 mil. (Nice counter-programming.) For the weekend of March 23rd, another Warner’s pic, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) is sure to debut #1 because of the obvious nostalgia factor, with Paramount’s engaging assassin thriller Shooter starring Mark Walhberg (fresh off his Oscar nod) in 2nd place and 300 dropping to 3rd. For more on the #1 movie, director Zach Snyder answers 30 questions on 300 here. And my box office report for last weekend is here.
Wkd Tracking: '300' First Again With $37 Mil; Sandra's 'Premonition' To Open #2; Turtles & Mark Wahlberg Hot For 3/23
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest Box Office News
- Broadway Review: In ‘Sweat’, Trump’s Pipe Dream Deferred; ‘Dear Evan Hansen’
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International Box…
- Family-Branded Films On Fire: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Headed To $90M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty With $40M+
- How Lionsgate Re-Charged ‘Power Rangers’ & Returned It To The Big Screen
- Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' Hits Solid Note; 'Wilson' Walks Slow – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office