My box office gurus are telling me this past weekend’s gory blockbuster 300 still has lots of momentum for this coming Friday + Saturday + Sunday. The cheapo Warner’s epic should march to 1st place for another big $37 mil, followed by Sony’s Sandra Bullock thriller Premonition with $18 mil. (Nice counter-programming.) For the weekend of March 23rd, another Warner’s pic, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) is sure to debut #1 because of the obvious nostalgia factor, with Paramount’s engaging assassin thriller Shooter starring Mark Walhberg (fresh off his Oscar nod) in 2nd place and 300 dropping to 3rd. For more on the #1 movie, director Zach Snyder answers 30 questions on 300 here. And my box office report for last weekend is here.
Wkd Tracking: '300' First Again With $37 Mil; Sandra's 'Premonition' To Open #2; Turtles & Mark Wahlberg Hot For 3/23
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Caitlyn Jenner Slams Donald Trump Over Transgender Military Ban; Hollywood Reacts To POTUS Tweets - Update
'Feud' Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland's Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX - Update
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Homeland’s Mandy Patinkin Is Moscow-Bound For Brief ‘Natasha, Pierre’ Gig
- ‘Valerian’ And The City Of A Thousand Misconceptions: Who’s On The Hook?
- Blair Brown Joins Beau Willimon’s ‘Parisian Woman’ On Broadway; Bedlam Revives ‘Peter Pan’
- Broadway Box Office: Brendon Urie Kicks ‘Kinky Boots’ To $1.4M; Disney’s ‘Aladdin’ Up $207K
- Universal Hits $4B In Global Box Office For Second Time In Its History
- How Warner Bros Beat The Period-Film Curse At The B.O. & Positioned ‘Dunkirk’ As A Summer Tentpole