Marvel / Sony’s Ghost Rider opens this holiday weekend and my box office gurus are sticking to their prediction of $35+ mil. (Pic could aim at Daredevil-like box office “but $45 mil looks like a lot to do with all the competition,” I’m told.) Right now, the experts say positions 2 through 5 are really hard to call. From Lionsgate, Tyler Perry’s Daddy’s Little Girls opened Wednesday with $4.5 mil, slightly higher than Warner Bros.’ Music and Lyrics, which did $4.1 mil. So perhaps they’ll be #2 and #3. On the other hand, Walden/Disney’s Bridge to Terabithia is getting great reviews, and it may be #4 or #5 depending on how much DreamWorks / Paramount’s Norbit drops. Meanwhile, did you guys see Nic Cage on Leno this week? He had even worse hair than he sports in the pic.
This Prez Weekend Pics: Ghost Rider #1, Tyler Perry #2, Hugh Grant #3, Bridge #4
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest Box Office News
- Saudi Arabia Moviegoing: Studio Distrib & Exhibition Bosses Debate Ticket Prices, Taxes & More At CinemaCon
- ‘A Quiet Place’ Screams No. 1, ‘I Feel Pretty’ Debut, ‘Super Trooper 2’ Siren Success…
- ‘Carousel’ Surges, ‘Potter’ Is Cooler As Broadway Box Office Flattens
- Cineworld Boss Moshe ‘Mooky’ Greidinger On What’s Next For Regal Cinemas, MoviePass, PVOD & Netflix…
- Will Big Chain Exhibitors Bypass MoviePass & Create Their Own Monthly Movie Ticket Clubs? – CinemaCon
- Chita Rivera & Andrew Lloyd Webber To Score Lifetime Achievement Tony Awards