Marvel / Sony’s Ghost Rider opens this holiday weekend and my box office gurus are sticking to their prediction of $35+ mil. (Pic could aim at Daredevil-like box office “but $45 mil looks like a lot to do with all the competition,” I’m told.) Right now, the experts say positions 2 through 5 are really hard to call. From Lionsgate, Tyler Perry’s Daddy’s Little Girls opened Wednesday with $4.5 mil, slightly higher than Warner Bros.’ Music and Lyrics, which did $4.1 mil. So perhaps they’ll be #2 and #3. On the other hand, Walden/Disney’s Bridge to Terabithia is getting great reviews, and it may be #4 or #5 depending on how much DreamWorks / Paramount’s Norbit drops. Meanwhile, did you guys see Nic Cage on Leno this week? He had even worse hair than he sports in the pic.
This Prez Weekend Pics: Ghost Rider #1, Tyler Perry #2, Hugh Grant #3, Bridge #4
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
'Split' Scares In Solid $2M; 'Xander Cage' Takes $1.2M, 'The Founder' Gets $105K In Previews - Friday AM Box Office
Latest Box Office News
- Brendan Gleeson Goes Outlaw In 'Trespass Against Us'; Madonna's Dancers 'Strike a Pose' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Split’ Scares In Solid $2M; ‘Xander Cage’ Takes $1.2M, ‘The Founder’ Gets $105K In Previews – Friday AM…
- Wanda Says Thomas Tull Not Fired From Legendary Over ‘The Great Wall’
- ‘Jitney’, ‘Under The Radar’ Reviews: August Wilson’s Genius Shone Through From The Start
- How Did Those 2016 Sundance Sales Work Out?
- Bye Bye, So Long Farewell – Lively Broadway B.O. Bids Godspeed To ‘Jersey Boys’