Marvel / Sony’s Ghost Rider opens this holiday weekend and my box office gurus are sticking to their prediction of $35+ mil. (Pic could aim at Daredevil-like box office “but $45 mil looks like a lot to do with all the competition,” I’m told.) Right now, the experts say positions 2 through 5 are really hard to call. From Lionsgate, Tyler Perry’s Daddy’s Little Girls opened Wednesday with $4.5 mil, slightly higher than Warner Bros.’ Music and Lyrics, which did $4.1 mil. So perhaps they’ll be #2 and #3. On the other hand, Walden/Disney’s Bridge to Terabithia is getting great reviews, and it may be #4 or #5 depending on how much DreamWorks / Paramount’s Norbit drops. Meanwhile, did you guys see Nic Cage on Leno this week? He had even worse hair than he sports in the pic.
This Prez Weekend Pics: Ghost Rider #1, Tyler Perry #2, Hugh Grant #3, Bridge #4
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox Knew About Bill O'Reilly's Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract - Update
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- ‘Chappaquiddick’ Jumps Out Of Thanksgiving; ‘Hostiles’ Gallops Into Awards Season
- China Box Office Poised To Hit $8.31B In 2017, Regulator Forecasts
- Review: Slimmer And Sillier, Harvey Fierstein’s ‘Torch Song’ Is Revived With Michael Urie…
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura On Moviegoing In A Streaming World: “We Still Have The Advantage Of Spectacle”
- 'The Killing Of A Sacred Deer', Todd Haynes' 'Wonderstruck' Bow This Weekend – Specialty B.O. Preview