Marvel / Sony’s Ghost Rider opens this holiday weekend and my box office gurus are sticking to their prediction of $35+ mil. (Pic could aim at Daredevil-like box office “but $45 mil looks like a lot to do with all the competition,” I’m told.) Right now, the experts say positions 2 through 5 are really hard to call. From Lionsgate, Tyler Perry’s Daddy’s Little Girls opened Wednesday with $4.5 mil, slightly higher than Warner Bros.’ Music and Lyrics, which did $4.1 mil. So perhaps they’ll be #2 and #3. On the other hand, Walden/Disney’s Bridge to Terabithia is getting great reviews, and it may be #4 or #5 depending on how much DreamWorks / Paramount’s Norbit drops. Meanwhile, did you guys see Nic Cage on Leno this week? He had even worse hair than he sports in the pic.
This Prez Weekend Pics: Ghost Rider #1, Tyler Perry #2, Hugh Grant #3, Bridge #4
What's Hot on Deadline
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Valerian’ And The City Of A Thousand Misconceptions: Who’s On The Hook?
- Blair Brown Joins Beau Willimon’s ‘Parisian Woman’ On Broadway; Bedlam Revives ‘Peter Pan’
- Broadway Box Office: Brendon Urie Kicks ‘Kinky Boots’ To $1.4M; Disney’s ‘Aladdin’ Up $207K
- Universal Hits $4B In Global Box Office For Second Time In Its History
- How Warner Bros Beat The Period-Film Curse At The B.O. & Positioned ‘Dunkirk’ As A Summer Tentpole
- 'Landline' Dials In With Top Number; 'The Beguiled' Crosses $10M – Specialty Box Office