This was the 3rd consecutive big weekend internationally for Sony / MGM’s Casino Royale, which raked in $44.7 million for a new foreign cume $196.4 mil. Added to its $116 U.S. total, that means the new Bond has made $312+ mil worldwide so far. The pic is holding in popularity, with strength in the UK (over $70 mil so far), German-speaking territories, Scandinavia and Benelux while dominating the field in most other countries where it’s playing. It opened in Japan as #1. Top weekend estimates are UK $10.4 mil, Germany $8.6 mil, France $5.3 mil, Japan $3.3 mil, Spain $2 mil, Switzerland $1.7 mil, Denmark $1.6 mil. Next weekend will bring on Australia/New Zealand and 7 Latin American territories, including Mexico. For U.S. box office numbers Dec. 1-3, see Birds No. 1 And Bond No. 2, As Expected. Previous: ‘Casino Royale’ Biggest Global Bond Ever
Still Biggest Bond Globally; #1 Japan
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest Box Office News
- Broadway Review: In ‘Sweat’, Trump’s Pipe Dream Deferred; ‘Dear Evan Hansen’
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International Box…
- Family-Branded Films On Fire: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Headed To $90M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty With $40M+
- How Lionsgate Re-Charged ‘Power Rangers’ & Returned It To The Big Screen
- Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' Hits Solid Note; 'Wilson' Walks Slow – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office