There’s still plenty of summer left for the movie biz. I’m told Paramount’s World Trade Center is on track for a $25 million-to-$30 million opening weekend starting August 9th. Gotta say, that’s more than I ever expected. Sony’s Talladega Nights; The Ballad of Ricky Bobby looks like it’ll debut even bigger with $30+ million for August 4th weekend. Great summer at the box office for comedies.
'World Trade Center' Tracking OK; 'Talladega Nights' Tracking Bigger
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Hamilton’s $3.1M Week Keeps Broadway Box Office On An Even Keel
- What Oscar’s Best Picture Snafu Spells For ‘Moonlight’ & ‘La La Land’ At The B.O.; There’s A…
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ Jumps To $33.4M Opening – Monday AM Box Office Update
- ‘Resident Evil’ Rocks China With Record $94.3M Debut – International Box Office
- Oscar Nominee 'My Life As a Zucchini' Opens Solid; Spirit Winner 'Moonlight' Over $22M – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Resident Evil: The Final Chapter’ Grosses Massive $70M In Two Days, $33M First Day In China