There’s still plenty of summer left for the movie biz. I’m told Paramount’s World Trade Center is on track for a $25 million-to-$30 million opening weekend starting August 9th. Gotta say, that’s more than I ever expected. Sony’s Talladega Nights; The Ballad of Ricky Bobby looks like it’ll debut even bigger with $30+ million for August 4th weekend. Great summer at the box office for comedies.
'World Trade Center' Tracking OK; 'Talladega Nights' Tracking Bigger
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest Box Office News
- How A DreamWorks-Illumination Combo Beats Disney At The B.O.
- ‘Jungle Book’ Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; ‘Mother’s Day’ Has Edge Over ‘Keanu’…
- Tony Committee Calls ‘Shuffle Along’ A New Musical, Setting Up Possible ‘Hamilton’ Showdown
- As Broadway Braces For Tony Races, ‘Shuffle Along’ Gets Key Ruling: Gerard & Roth
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Shoots To $38.7M In 2 Days At Offshore Box Office
- Eubie Blake Smiles As Audra McDonald Leads A Constellation Of Stars In ‘Shuffle Along’ – Broadway Review