I’m told Sony’s Da Vinci Code passed $700 million worldwide gross today. Adding $4 mil domestically and $9 mil internationally this weekend put the total take at $701.3 million. The movie is now the 22nd best earner globally (and 12th best internationally). The breakdown of the total haul is $205.5 for U.S. and $495.8 mil overseas (which was down only 37% despite the huge World Cup weekend). Initially, Sony hoped the movie would take in $500 mil worldwide by summer’s end. And here it is not even July.
Da Vinci Code Hits $700 Mil Worldwide
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
World's Biggest YouTuber Vows To Delete Channel Citing Traffic, Race-Based Complaints About Video Service
Latest Box Office News
- ‘The Band’s Visit’, Based On The 2007 Israeli Film, Is The Season’s Best New Musical – Review
- A Movie History First? The Year Might End Without A Flicker Of Reality In The Box-Office Top 10
- Bad Robot’s ‘God Particle’ Off Paramount’s Schedule, ‘Cloverfield’ Sets Fall Date
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Trailer Seizes 100M Views Online
- Scaling ‘The Great Wall’: Has Legendary Built A New China-Hollywood Model?
- ‘Office Christmas Party’ Hopes To Bring Cheer To Another Dull Weekend; ‘La La Land’ Tunes Up – Box Office…