I’m told Sony’s Da Vinci Code will hit the magic $500 million mark worldwide later this week. To date, the religious thriller has racked up over $465 mil worldwide since opening a little more than a week ago, $320 mil of it from international. The foreign front was bolstered by huge holds in Europe and Japan. Belgium was down only 2% from its opening weekend, Holland just 9%, Germany 18%, Japan 19%, and France 30%. Before Da Vinci opened, Sony execs were praying for a $500 mil summer. Now, they’re doing that boffo box office by the end of Week #2.
Da Vinci Code Hits $500 Million This Week
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Box Office News
- Bad Robot’s ‘God Particle’ Off Paramount’s Schedule, ‘Cloverfield’ Sets Fall Date
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Trailer Seizes 100M Views Online
- Scaling ‘The Great Wall’: Has Legendary Built A New China-Hollywood Model?
- ‘Office Christmas Party’ Hopes To Bring Cheer To Another Dull Weekend; ‘La La Land’ Tunes Up – Box…
- ‘Prince Of Broadway’ Retrospective Sets August Opening
- ‘Fifty Shades Darker’ Tickets Go On Sale Two Months Before Release; New Trailer Drops